SUFFERN, N.Y. — A classic car show and art exhibit will line the streets to the backdrop of live music and bustling outdoor dining at the 25th Annual Suffern Street Fair.
There is still time to grab a table and local craft artisans are in the spotlight along with new vendors and activities.
Nicole Russodivito, director of Suffern Chamber of Commerce, is working to breathe new energy into the fair, which takes place rain or shine Sunday, April 17. Vendors can signup until April 1.
Born and raised in Suffern, Russodivito is also a local business owner, just like her father. She owns Rockland Dance & Fitness Studio in town, and her family, Marcello Restaurant.
“Over the years, the fair has lost its reputation. There used to be 100 vendors and it dropped to under 60. My goal this year is to start bringing it back closer to where it was. I contacted over 50 brand new people," Russodivito said.
Social media complaints about the fair helped her see what people wanted and didn’t like. She joined the Chamber of Commerce hoping to do something about it.
“Suffern will never have a Nyack street fair, but we can have a local pride street fair — a kid-friendly ‘Mounties Pride’ event. Bring out the cheerleaders — maybe flashmob style, the marching bands, outdoor dining. Day camps will do kid-friendly activities, we’ll have a bounce-house,” she said.
The stage will feature local bands, which pair with the craft beer festival and wine garden. Outdoor dining will be in front of restaurants or setup as popup cafes, with some eateries outside the village bringing in tables.
There will be 40-60 craft business vendors. The Pickle guy will also be there, along with these restaurants and vendors so far:
- Marcello's Restaurant -- (Offering outdoor dining & $10 Street Fair Special)
- Ole' Ole' Restaurant & Ole Tapas Bar- (Offering outdoor dining)
- Jay's Thai Kitchen -- (Offering outdoor dining)
- La Hacienda De Don Manuel -- (Offering outdoor dining & Live Music)
- Mia's Kitchen - (Offering outdoor dining)
- Il Villaggio Pizza
- Fink's BBQ and Cheesesteak Roadhouse
- 2 Anny's Consigment
- WOW That's Unusual
- Rockland Dance & Fitness Studio - Giving away FREE Zumba Bracelets & Towels to the first 100 people!
- MYSTIC IMAGES SALON
- Essential Oil Company
- Callahan's Hot Dogs
- Morisi's DAS Martial Arts Training Center
- Daisy Dreams Party
- Plexus with Jen
- Scott Kohn CPR
- Reebel Brain Fitness
- AVON - Patricia M.
- Frisado Jewelry
- Ol Darlin Handmade Soaps
- *Studio 222
- Deb Russo, Independent Founding Designer - KEEP Collective
- Good Wood Studios
- Nancy Surridge with Magical Moments Vacations
- Origami Owl
- Girl Scouts of America
- Suffern Cheerleaders
- Suffern Drumline
The fair runs 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Layfayette Street from Franklin Turnpike to Sacred heart Church. There is plenty of free parking.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.