MONSEY, N.Y. -- Fire ravaged a small shul off Main Street in Monsey early Monday, leaving the Jewish place of prayer boarded up and uninhabitable, according to Fios1news.com.
Worshippers, in the building at the time of the fire at the Sanz-Klausenberger shul, were able to rescue the Torah, reported Fios1news.com.
The fire was caused by a defective dryer, according to Ramapo Police Detective Lt. Mark Emma.
Police do not know the extent of the damage at this time. There were no reported injuries.
Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.