RAMAPO, N.Y. — Seven arrests and 10 car accidents were among the 144 calls Ramapo police responded to on Wednesday, Jan. 13.
Ramapo police officers responded to a report of two accidents in the area of 267 North Main St. and West Eckerson Road.
A man from Monsey, 31, was charged with driving while intoxicated when the responding officer’s investigation found he exited the parking lot onto West Eckerson Road and struck an oncoming vehicle.
Before hitting that car, the driver reportedly backed up into the parking lot and struck another vehicle.
The man, whose name was not released, was released on bail pending a court appearance.
Other car accidents included:
- Hit and run with injuries on North Pascack Road in Hillcrest
- Hit and run on Lot of 225 Route 59 in Airmont
- Hit and run on Saddle River Road in Monsey
- Accident with injuries on Dunnigan Drive in Montebello
- Property damage on Lot of 294 North Main St. in Hillcrest
- Property damage on Route 306 in Viola
- Property damage on Monsey Boulevard in Monsey
- Property damage on Ronald Drive in Monsey
In addition, police responded to:
- 9 medical emergencies
- 17 alarm activations
- 1 fire
- 2 domestic incidents
- 4 Vehicle and Traffic misdemeanors
- 1 Unlawful Possession of Marijuana
- 1 Criminal Contempt 2nd degree
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.