RAMAPO, N.Y. -- A porch fire drew police and fire personnel to a home early Wednesday on Haverstraw Road.
The structure fire at 3 a.m. was contained to a covered porch area of the home, according to the Ramapo Police Department on Facebook.
All of the occupants woke up and exited the home uninjured, police said.
The Tallman and Suffern fire departments extinguished the blaze, which was apparently caused by an electrical problem centering on a light fixture over the front door, according to police.
Route 202 was closed for about 90 minutes during the fire, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.