RAMAPO, N.Y. -- A 23-year-old Warwick man was arrested this week in connection with a 2015 drug case, police said.
The unidentified suspect had been wanted on charges of unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of a hypodermic needle and criminal possession of a controlled substance (Xanax and heroin), police said.
The charges stem from a vehicle stop in last November, police said.
He is to appear in Ramapo Town Court next month, police said.
In other police blotter news:
On Tuesday, Ramapo police responded to 14 noninjury accidents at the following locations:
- Monsey: Decatur Avenue, Monsey Boulevard, Cloverdale Lane, Maple Avenue and Route 59.
- Sloatsburg: two on Orange Turnpike.
- Airmont: Airmont Road and two on Route 59.
- Tallman: North Airmont Road.
- New Hempstead: New Hempstead Road.
- Montebello: Haverstraw Road, Spook Rock Road.
Also that day, Ramapo police responded to 151 calls for service: 11 medical emergencies, 17 alarm activations, one fire and three arrests on warrants out of the town of Ramapo and the village of Airmont.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.