RAMAPO, N.Y. -- The East Ramapo Board of Education is seeking candidates to fill an open seat, according to The Journal News.
Monsey resident Yakov Engel resigned in May due to work and personal life responsibilities, The Journal News reported.
Letters of interest from interested candidates will be accepted through Monday, July 11, said The Journal News.
According to The Journal News, candidates must:
- Be able to read and write, be a qualified voter of the district.
- Have been a resident of the district for an uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- Have not been removed from any school district office in the past year.
- Do not reside with another member of the board as a member of the same family.
- Not be an employee of the school board.
- Not hjave another incompatible public office.
Community members can e-mail a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.