Eight works of art from students enrolled at Rockland Community College were chosen by Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s staff and SUNY officials for display in the governor's Washington D.C. office.
In total, 34 works of student art were chosen from across all 64 SUNY campuses for the year-long exhibit. An additional work was selected by SUNY officials for an exhibit in the SUNY Administration building in Albany.
The RCC student artists who had their work chosen, and the name of their work:
- Jasmine DeGennaro, "Distorted Reflection"
- Itzamaray Garcia-Lino, "Untitled"
- Morissa Hertz, “Monchhichi” from the Collector’s Series
- Chinonyelum Nriaka, (2 works) "Travelers and Equal Rights for Women via Shirley Chisholm"
- Mariah Salter, "Untitled"
- Sara Ward, (2 works) "Untitled (Self-Portrait)" and "Self Portrait"
- Johnathan Wilborn, "Leaving Babylon (After Raphael)"