SUFFERN, N.Y. -- Students looking for a jolt of caffeine to stay awake during class have a new option at Rockland Community College in Suffern with the opening of their own coffee bar in the Hawk's Nest on the first floor of the Student Union.
The cafe opened Tuesday with a special ribbon cutting and has been packing in students, employees and visitors since the minute it opened. Although they serve Starbucks products, the cafe is not officially a Starbucks, said Tzipora Reitman, director of communications for the college.
"The students seem excited by the new cafe," she said.
The new eatery offers a full Starbucks barista menu, including hot and chilled coffee and espresso-based beverages, frappuccinos, and a variety of flavored cappuccinos, lattes, and specialties, as well as a quick-serve menu of sandwiches, salads, snack packs, fresh baked goods, breakfast sandwiches, sweets, snacks and bottled beverages.
The Hawk’s Nest will be open Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m.–7:30 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
CulinArt Group, manager of the college’s food service, is promoting the launch of the Hawk’s Nest with grand opening specials and discounts:
- Wednesday, March 30: $3 frappuccinos
- Thursday, March 31: Free bag of chips with purchase of any sandwich or wrap
- Friday, April 1: Free fresh baked cookie with purchase of any coffee
- Monday, April 4: Free tall Starbucks coffee with purchase of any breakfast sandwich
- Tuesday, April 5: Half-price lattes, any size
- Wednesday, April 6: Tall brewed coffee just $.99 all day
- Thursday, April 7: Free bottle of water with purchase of any salad or sandwich
- Friday, April 8: Any brownie and a tall Starbucks coffee for just $2
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.