Rockland Community College recently announced the selection of a 17-member committee that will assist with the search to replace the college's outgoing president.
The committee includes members of the college's staff and Board of Trustees, local education officials, local legislators, and college groups, who will conduct a search for the successor to current President Cliff L. Wood, Ed.D.
Wood announced earlier this summer that he plans to retire at the end of June 2017.
The firm Isaacson, Miller has been retained to conduct the search and selected the committee based upon recommendations from several campus and external groups.
In its role, the committee will recommend finalist candidates to the college's Board of Trustees for consideration.
The individuals selected to serve on the search committee are:
- Joseph Rand, Search Committee Chair, Vice-Chair of the RCC Board of Trustees
- Bill Baker, Professor of Biology; President, RCC Federation of Teachers
- Debra Bouabidi, Director of Financial Aid
- Josephine Coleman, Professor of Accounting
- Ileana Eckert, Member, RCC Board of Trustees
- Howard Hellman, RCC Class of 1972, Chairman, All Bright Electric
- Dr. Nayyer Hussain, Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Dr. Nancy Low-Hogan, Rockland County Legislator
- Dr. Mary Jean Marsico, Chief Operating Officer, Rockland BOCES
- Laurie Pina, adjunct faculty, ESL
- Domingo Reyes, Senior Typist
- Jim Robertson, Director, Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Guillermo Rosa, Deputy County Executive
- Dr. Bob Schelin, Professor of Social Sciences, St. Thomas Aquinas College
- Grant Valentine, Member, RCC Board of Trustees
- Richard Voigt, Member, RCC Board of Trustees
- Gabrielle Wan '17, President, RCC Student Government Association
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.