HILLCREST, N.Y. -- A candle is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a North Pascack Road basement Monday morning and resulted in heat and water damage to the main floor, according to lohud.com.
Smoke was initially seen at 10:12 a.m. when no one was in the home. Thirty firefighters from Hillcrest, Spring Valley and Nanuet responded to the blaze and there were no reported injuries, according to lohud.com.
The basement was used as an office, according to lohud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.