RAMAPO, N.Y. -- A mother and her son were hospitalized after a fire blew the roof off their Stark Court home in Ramapo Monday morning, according to multiple reports.
More than 50 firefighters from seven municipalities responded to the blaze, which may have been caused by a second floor explosion, according to lohud.com.
The house was already engulfed in flames when first responders arrived at 8:45 a.m. and the fire was still going at 10 a.m., according to lohud.com.
The mother was taken to the hospital for evaluation and the boy was being treated for burns to his hands and face, according to lohud.com.
Check back to Daily Voice for an updated report.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.